fredag den 12. april 2013

Color Tattoo - 35 Tough as Taupe x Maybelline

The first thing that came to my mind when I swatched this creamy shadow on the back of my hand I suddenly thought of Copperplate eyeshadow from MAC. I swatched both on some pictures below so you can see what I'm getting at. Now, I personally love Copperplate eyeshadow for its versatile nature (eyelids, eyebrows, contouring for halloween looks) and though it can be a flattering shade of grey, it can be hard to pull off- and this is the same situation with Color Tattoo.

The Color Tattoos remind me of paint pots from MAC in the sense that it's a cream product in a glass jar. The pay off is great- crazy pigmented! Although it claims to be a "tattoo" - I assume this refers to the staying power- it doesn't hold up super well. I am honest about having oily lids and I have tried various ways of applying it to be sure that I use it the right way (pat it on, slide it on, pack it on), but it does start to crease. However, the creasing only comes forth at the 8th or so hour, and while some might insist that this is very long wearing, I won't as eight hours is the amount of time I am out of the door, in school and home again. 

Another thing is to use little or avoid using it on your eyebrows- it get's very waxy and creamy! It's possible, but I'd just steer away from that. It's a great product though and I am pleased to have added it in my ever growing collection.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic




Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar