lørdag den 4. januar 2014

Be Merry & Bright x Too Faced

Holiday make up, yay! I know that I'm super late on posting this review but the past few weeks have seriously just disappeared, like a thief in the night. Today I have a few thoughts on one (or two) of Too Faced's holiday palettes. It comes in a box that shows the products and shades, two palettes, a lash injection mascara and a cute pouch to keep it all together.

My initial reaction was: Oh. My. God. What a lovely little packet! I love it! And from then on it just kind of went down the hill.

I really dig the packaging of it. It's thin, light weight, sleek and very festive. Apparently some lady who knows what she's doing designed the pattern, which is nice but definitely something that is nice because of the jolly atmosphere. I really dig the pouch too; it's not good for much other purposes and the gold patent with white dots isn't really my thing, but it's cute nonetheless. Also, the see through part is very convenient. There are also tutorials on the inside, which is a nice touch.

The variety of shades are nice too. There are shimmers, glitters, satins and mattes. Purples, greens, nudes and pinks. The added blushes, bronzer and high lighter was a nice tough too. But here's where it gets sour.

At first I just thought it was only an issue for me, but after reading and watching reviews made on the other holiday palettes by Too Faced (no idea why TF went for different packaging in the US and here in Europe), but the owners also had similar issues as I. My biggest stress is that the shadows are super pigmented at initial application; and then it just.. disappears. Poof. Just like the last few weeks. The only shades that really shows up and stays put are: Chocolate Moon + Buttered Rum and Starry Night, Sequin + Bright Eyes. And this just ain't doing it for me. I was really excited for Bubbly, Brown Sugar and Mauvelous, so this makes me extra bummed haha.

The bronzer is amazing though, which is the sole reason I reach for one of the palettes most days. The high lighter is pretty too, but way too glittery for me! It's nice for parties and other special occassions. The blushes are nice too, but I do prefer Peachy Keen. It's in the same family with Benefit's Coralista and Nars' Orgasm blushes. Very coral and shimmery.

I don't have too much to say about the mascara. I actually have nothing to say at all since I haven't tried it yet. But I will try to update you all on it in my future endeavors!

All in all it's an alright holiday palette(s). If only the pigmentation and staying power was great in all of the shades I would've LOVED it; but it just ain't doing it for me. Sorry Too Faced, but I need you to go back to the laboratory and re-formulate those babies for the next time around. Even with the poor results on some of it, it's still a decent deal for the price. Not too bad. I wouldn't recommend it, but definitely check it out if you're interested.

I'm sorry for the long and exhausting post, I just felt as if I had to redeem myself due to being MIA the past many days. I hope it worked *wink wink*


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar