onsdag den 7. august 2013

The Balm x Mary-Lou Manizer

Obsessed. I use it every single day. "Screw contouring, as long as I have my high lighter" is what it's come to. I don't know why I waited this long to get it (well, other than perhaps having enough make up to last me a lifetime). I finally caved in when I could argue that I could get it at a discount and that all of my high lighters have a pink undertone and most of them are liquid. It amazes me how good I've become at convincing myself. But in this case I really don't regret it! The product lived up to all of my expectations and exceeded them!

I'm talking The Balm's high lighter/luminiser: Mary-Lou Manizer. It's this gorgeous compact with the most lush shade of light gold. Ever. It reminds me of a halo. I dare say that it's a passable shade for all skin tones, ranging from deep to very fair. It looks natural and fakes a super healthy complexion. The pigmentation is to die for, no cringe-worthy heavy swatches is needed; you barely have to touch the product with your fingers or preferred weapon of use- brushes, ladies, brushes. Keep it civil- to be able to swipe a piece of heaven across your face. How brilliant is that. I'm very, very impressed. You can see the pigmentation on a picture below, comparing a heavy and light swatch next to one another.

The packaging is awesome too, as is all packaging from The Balm. The word play, pictures and concept of each of their make up products are well thought through. Also, Matt(e) can finally have some company in my make up bag haha.
    I did read and hear that the powder is likely to break if you bring this baby along with you in your bag, which really doesn't surprise me, as it is super finely milled. It hasn't happened for me (yet!) but just be aware of this factor. Other than that, the compact is nice. It's fun to look at, it's sleek enough for my liking and the mirror is a nice finishing touch.

I'd recommend this to heaven and Earth. It's so affordable too. And really, if I had known I'd be this fond of it, I would definitely have picked it up at full price!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic




Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar