onsdag den 19. juni 2013

Being In a Good Place

Sometimes I wonder what the hell I'm doing. Then maybe "how" I should do it, rarely "why" I do it, and never really for who. I think most people experiences being down and feeling absolutely horrified or depressed about an event. It's even more problematic if you don't take a moment to halt, catch your breath and stare out into space for a little while.

A strong and good network of people can help get your mind of all the negative aspects in your life, and helps putting them in perspective. This is also the case in reverse- that all you might need is a little break from the social and public spotlight and all its drama.

In Denmark we have a superb proverb that goes "Det er, hvad du gør det til" which basically translates into "It becomes what you make of it". Another saying that is a personal favourite, and one I consistently chant to myself in cases of desperation is:

"Don't sweat the small stuff; it's all small stuff."


 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar